Thursday 15 January 2015

New! Lunch & Latte



Hello everyone and Happy New Year! How have you been? I would have loved to start this first post of 2015 on a positive note but as a lover of Paris I just had to start by saying that my thoughts have been with its people. In December we had the Sydney siege and then this tragedy in Paris last week. Like John Lennon, I'm a dreamer and the Paris peace rally gave me hope. As I write this, Lennon's 'Imagine' is playing in the background:

Nothing to kill or die for, And no religion too,
Imagine all the people, Living life in peace…

~ • ~
In December I told you I was changing the blog and now it's time to welcome you to my "new" one, Lunch & Latte. Yes, I changed the name but saw no need for drastic layout changes. Before turning back to blogging I wanted to wait for my husband to finish building a farm table for me, to set the right mood from the start. I have been dreaming about this kind of table in the kitchen for some time and as it's custom-made it fits perfectly. It's rustic and has plenty of space for my laptop, notebooks and cookbooks - I'm grateful for having a man with carpentry skills. I will be using it to shoot still life and food photos, which leads me to the main change of the blog: from now on I will only post my own images, which means that I'm letting go of all the blog series. Posts will also be less frequent.

Edgar Degas, The Rehearsal, 1874, oil on canvas, p. 171 in the book Masterworks by Iian Zaczek

Initially, my idea was to use only Pinterest for inspiring images from other sources, but I like scrolling down a page with larger images, and I knew part of me would miss the old way of blogging, so I recently launched a Tumblr page for Lunch & Latte. There you will find images I normally would have shared on the blog, but without a blog text; only a short description and photo credit.

I thought to myself that many of my loyal readers perhaps don't use Pinterest, and maybe some of you, like me, would miss scrolling down a page with larger images of beautifully designed and styled interiors and such things. Hopefully my Tumblr page will be a compensation for those who visited my blog for exactly that reason. I have already posted quite a batch of photos there, so it wouldn't feel empty when I shared it (see the archive page). How often and when I post images on Tumblr will just depend on my mood, it's just something to enjoy with my latte.



So, what will I be featuring on the blog? This "first post" is intended to set the mood and show you the table. Some blog posts will be about sharing what I'm up to in the kitchen, the things or the food on my table. Some days I might share something inspiring from the books I'm reading (hint: interiors, styling, art) or the magazines I'm leafing through (I'm about to subscribe to The World of Interiors, mainly for the stunning textiles). On other days I might share with you what I'm cooking or baking, the recipe I'm creating at that moment and what inspired it (a novel I read inspired one of the latest ones). To make things easier, I will no longer be updating the food blog (I only updated it twice last year!), I will just post the recipe here when I share one.

I have enrolled in an online architecture course that starts soon and maybe I will talk something about it (no, I'm not getting a degree, someone else is destined to become the future's Le Corbusier or Frank Lloyd Wright). When spring arrives I will be strolling or bicycling with my camera, capturing the gorgeous cherry trees and magnolias in bloom. This will be my first spring in South Yorkshire! Ahem, perhaps the only one given how frequently we seem to relocate! (Honey, let's just hang on to those boxes, shall we?). I'm probably forgetting something … oh yes, the Icelandic cookbook I edited for my friend will be published this year! In fact, I'm currently reading the final draft. We have already seen samples of the layout and the book will be beautiful. I cannot wait to hold it in my hands and share it with you.

In a way I don't really have any nailed down plans for the blog, I just want to embrace this new way of blogging and see where it takes me. Finally, thank you for your visits through the years. May the year 2015 bring you the blessing to spot and the courage to seize the opportunities that come your way! And remember, life is too short for anything but quality coffee!

PS. If some links don't work on the blog, just be patient, some things need to be updated. And for the Icelanders out there, I not only changed the name of the Icelandic blog version to Lestur & Latte, I also changed the URL.


9 comments:

  1. Oh, Lisa, I love what you've done! The approach sounds perfect and I really look forward to the posts! I already scrolled through the Tumblr page and it made my day so much better. :-) And the colour and texture of your table are fantastic - so quintessentially Nordic. Wish you an excellent 2015 and all the best for the "new" blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inga, your comment put a big smile on my face. Thank you! I'm glad you like the Tumblr page as well; I clearly made the right choice launching that one.

      Quintessentially Nordic … my husband is going to love that praise ;-)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful news, Lisa! I am looking forward to ongoing inspiration here. I am also almost ready with my new blog...just a little bit more...hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Igor! I'm looking forward to seeing the change on yours.

      Delete
  3. Great to have you back! Have a super 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I've been looking forward to this and I'm embracing your new way of blogging. I am 100% percent certain that I will be enjoying your blog even more than before. Your photos and styling have always inspired me, so I know only good things are about to come from these changes. Have a wonderful 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ada. This was the right moment to make these changing, I have a good feeling about 2015 ;-)

      Delete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.