Friday 7 November 2014

lunch, cafe mocha + TV

The moment I waited for all morning. After running errands in the rain all I could think of was coming home to enjoy lunch: A grilled cheese sandwich with oregano, herb salt and black pepper, slices of avocado on the side, and a bowl of café mocha. Pure bliss! I just turned on the fireplace and I'm going to enjoy a quality moment until I pick up the kids from school. I have been revisiting The Story of Art by E.H. Gombrich (I bet many of you read it at school at some point) and yesterday I got the December issue of Elle Decoration UK in the mail - think Christmas and cabins.

Do you have any plans this weekend? Tonight it's of course our Friday tradition: home-made pizza with red, followed by chocolate. Tomorrow I'm finally going to a make a soup that I have been meaning to do for years. Yes, years! You know, sometimes the moment just isn't right … until it is. I'm also going to watch some TV, first the latest episode of Nashville (I love that series; who knew I was a country music fan?), then a few episodes of The Wire (wondering if there is a gangster hidden deep inside as well). On Sunday it's the final episode of Downton Abbey in what I can only describe as the most boring season ever. If Julian Fellowes doesn't turn on some of that old magic then I think I give up. I don't know if I can endure more repeated plots - it's exhausting. In this season it's the ingenious acting of Maggie Smith (Dowager Countess) and Penelope Wilton (Isobel Crawley) that has kept me watching. I love those two.

Have a wonderful weekend!

photo credit:
Lisa Hjalt

1 comment:

  1. That's what a call a quality moment. I can sense that Christmas-y mood in the air. No TV series on my agenda, but I have watched the first five episodes of the latest Homeland season and this is definitely the best one yet. Enjoy your pizza and red and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.