Wednesday 9 October 2013

brighter shade than pale 16 - autumn II



I wanted to create another post expressing my autumnal mood. I have already said it on the blog that there is something about this autumn that I find particularly delightful. The weather has been lovely, I have been drinking extra many lattes in the city and I'm reading such good books (I got a new stack yesterday at the library). This morning I realised that we have clearly entered a colder season; I'm at home with one sick child. I'm also a grass widow as A is spending the next days in the UK. But I have the best entertainment. In the mail today I got season 3 of Downton Abbey, which I hadn't seen. Cannot wait to let Maggie Smith crack me up with her one-liners!

photo credit:
1: Chris Court Photography via The Murmuring Cottage/Tumblr / 2 + 6: Andrew Usachov / 3: Sofia of Mokkasin / 4: Unabashedly Prep / 5: Marc Jacobs Autumn 2013 via Vogue US / 7: unknown source via Book Simple Home/Tumblr / 8: from the book French Country Cooking by Elizabeth David via Pilvenhattaraa / 9: David Prince via 79 Ideas / 10-11: Colin Cooke for Sweet Paul Magazine, Fall 2011 via Greige | styling: Paul Lowe

2 comments:

  1. I can't get enough of autumnal posts, so you can keep them coming. I still haven't seen the 3rd season of Downton Abbey, I can't wait to order it too. I've started watching Breaking Bad and I have a good feeling about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photography style of these autumnal shots, Lisa - very evocative and spot on for the season as the weather cools from tomorrow here in the UK.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.