Monday 2 January 2012

hi there 2012

I adore this fun photo of Judy Garland (1922-1969) and her first husband, composer David Rose, taken in their Bel-Air home (if you are interested in reading their story then open the Architectural Digest link below). I've been waiting for the right moment to post it and it seemed ideal for the first post of 2012.

I hope your New Year's Eve was lovely. After our turkey meal I honestly thought that I wouldn't need to eat again for a month. But on New Year's Day I was back in the kitchen, making biscotti and dried fruit confectionery to enjoy with my latte the next two weeks or so. I also made CafeSigrun's raw pecan pie and we ate it with whipped cream – yummy!

I'm an optimist; I like looking at the bright side of life. I'm also grounded so I've got no high expectations for 2012. It's just another year, full of potentials and opportunities. Either you grab them or you don't. My philosophy will simply be: come what may.

Thank you for your support and wonderful comments in 2011. My inspiration folder is bursting so I'll be just as active on my blog in the new year. Enjoy your day!

photo credit:

16 comments:

  1. That philosphy of yours is good, I like it:) Luckily you were back in the kitchen in no time despite the turkey meal haha. I wish you a year full of enjoyable days and full with blog inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I even have one slice of the pecan pie left ... I'm thinking latte and that slice later today ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an optimist too, Lisa, and I like your philosophy. Grab the opportunities life lies in front of you and make your own luck. That image is so lovely and be sure I will follow along in 2012. I'm looking forward to your inspiration to living a beautiful life, because I think that's what defines so well your wonderful blog. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Lisa! I've never made pecan pie... seriously. Think I'll check out your recipe. That photo reminds me of my parents. Seriously, love Mom to death but hanging a picture was such a production for her. She's a bit OCD and she thinks everything is crooked! ha ha. I just eyeball it and hang the damn thing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-)

    In those days women had to be in the kitchen!!!

    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab pic - made me smile - this happens in our house all the time except i am doing the telling! A very happy New year to you and yes i agree every year holds its own opportunities you just need to find and embrace them x

    http://fashionandfrank.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, happy new year! Wish you the best for 2012, lots of fun, love, health, inspiration and dreams to come true! See you around =)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this picture so much! Made me smile ear to ear. :)
    I agree with your philosophy on life and opportunities. I think that it's very important to live here and now.
    Wishing you a fantastic 2012 full of happy moments that happen every day!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year for you and your family ¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photo! I love those old hollywood pics. More food... where can you put it?? I optimistically look forward to losing a bit of weight that is a result of the excess of the last few weeks (haha)... fingers crossed. Always look to the positive and view each day as a new opportunity because you never know what it may bring! The possibilities are endless - Have a great day...
    Helenx

    ReplyDelete
  11. ps; I just noticed you changed your banner colours again - love it! Its always a surprise to see what the change will be...
    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun photo! :) Love how you describe yourself: a grounded optimist. I can so relate to that! :) Maybe it's the Nordic in us.
    Glad to hear your inspo-folder keeps growing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm on you! Come what may, it is. Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your new year philosophy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This definitely made me smile, Lisa. :) Here's hoping that what does come your way is fulfilling and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.