Wednesday 18 January 2012

bright blue mood


How is this Wednesday treating you? I'm relaxing at home with my daughter who's feeling better than yesterday (thank you for the get well wishes). I'm reading Jacob's Room by Virgina Woolf while she's watching The Lion King. A little dose of hakuna matata philosophy never fails to lift the spirit.

Bright blue colours do so too. I think I may have to buy a Paris tea towel for my kitchen. Isn't it fabulous? If you check out Ingela P Arrhenius's link below you'll also find London and Stockholm tea towels. I found them on Pinterest a long time ago and I've been meaning to squeeze them into a post.

School finishes early on Wednesdays so I'm off to pick up the other two kids. Enjoy your day!

photo credit:
top-left: Paris tea towel by Ingela P Arrhenius
bottom-left: Maisons du Monde
bottom-right: Dior AW 2010-11 Haute Couture Collection
 Gianni Pucci for Vogue Italia

10 comments:

  1. Cooler tones for today that is! Glad your little girl is feeling better today =)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shade reminds me of Greece - and those memories are great so thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your little one is feeling better, and I'm with tinajo - this colour palette reminds me of Greece, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, Lisa, when I saw this gorgeous collage I had the feeling (just for a second unfortunately) that summer was here. Colours do have a way of lifting the spirit. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tea towel looks just fabulous! Beautiful collage too, makes me think about the French riviera and an old scarf. Glad your little girl is feeling better. Enjoy the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with tinajo - this shade makes me think of Greece and Cyprus as well as Morocco. Such a deep beautiful colour. I don't think I'd be able to live inside it, though.
    On a different note - that orange sandal against bright blue skirt - just wow...
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A blue mood can be a good thing when it's bright like this. That tea towel so whimsical and fun. Glad to hear your little girl is feeling better!

    I totally loved your story about the jumpsuit you wore all the time and how you got the money for it :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo lovely!
    And I have to say this post id very 'you' :)

    Hugs,
    Signe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blue, blue, blue, j'aime le BLEU !!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.